A MESSAGE FROM THE ROSSIN FAMILY:

I'm William Rossin and the founder of Rossin brand is my father. Me and my father are happy that many people still appreciate his work.

Thank you so much :)

William

Tuesday 14 September 2010

MY ROSSIN

 *** Very sadly, have sold my Rossin***
I've had to raise funds for a bike with electronic shifting (after a hand injury made left hand shifting difficult) so sold my Rossin and my carbon road bike.
I'll eventually be on the lookout for an all original Rossin for London rides however.


Going back a few months I took the Rossin Record (or 'Team'?) out for its first proper ride on a cold, crisp day; 34 miles (home to Richmond Park, three laps and back home).

The ride was super smooth, the Campag Veloce gears shifted perfectly, braking was spot on and the new Rolls saddle that I've finally settled on was very comfortable and looks just right.

If you look at earlier postings on this blog you'll see how the bike was built up from a restored frame to create the current build. There's even a video on the home page..





My Rossin was built at The London Cycle Workshop.


Click on photos to enlarge




FRAME SPEC
Seat tube(c to top) – 58cm
Top tube(c to c) – 56cm
Rear spacing – 126mm
Seatpost dia. – 27.2mm
Brake calliper fixing – allen key type
Bottom bracket threading – 36x24T (Italian)
Front derailleur – braze-on tab
GROUPSET: CAMPAGNOLO VELOCE
Veloce Ultra-torque chainset 170mm 53/39
Veloce rear mech medium cage
Veloce front mech braze-one
Veloce skeleton brake calipers
Veloce 10 speed shifters
Veloce 10 speed chain

Cassette: 12-25
Headset & Bottom Bracket: Campagnolo
Wheels: Campagnolo Khamsin
Tyres: Schwalbe Lugano
Saddle: white Rolls (not as in photo)
Bars: Deda 215 Shallow (Silver)
Seatpost: Suntour Superbe
Seatpin: Campagnolo
Stem: Nitto Pearl 10

Bar Tape: Fizzik
Pedals: (SPD one sided)
Frame resprayed, new decals, nearly new groupset (front mech new, chainrings new), new wheels and tyres, new Rolls saddle, bars & stem new, new bartape, new cables.
Ridden about 100 miles since built.


 























































































































2 comments:

  1. Damn. Well, nice work. Itll make someone very happy.
    I assume youre on the hunt for a 60 cm Rossin now. Dont recall seeing that many large frames though. Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Because of a hand injury I'm buying a bike with an Ultegra Di2 electronic groupset. Then at some stage in the future I'll be on the lookout for an all original Rossin, possibly a Prestige.

    ReplyDelete